All about our Northern Lights hunt
- Departure: 10 pm 20. Aug - 15. Oct, 9 pm 16. Aug - 1. Apr
- Duration 4 hrs
- Available Sep 1 - Apr 15
- Small group: minibus never more than 15 people, superjeep max 5 people
- Pick up and drop off anywhere in Reykjavik area
- Also available as private tour
Words simply cannot justify the sight of this spectacular phenomenon. It’s an experience that we know you will want to savour and enjoy.
So, with this in mind, our Northern Lights tour has been created accordingly - with an absolute emphasis on the word ‘experience’. First off, we will start our hunt for the Northern Lights with a bit of pre-planning via the Aurora forecast and start our exploration by heading in that direction. Should ‘that direction’ lead us over mountain tracks and rivers – then fear not for our Super Trucks (19.900 ISK) are suitably equipped to tackle such terrain.
Our minibuses (9.900 ISK) take you comfortably towards the proposed location of the lights, in a group no bigger than 16 people. We like to keep good connection with our customers and even though the minibus fits more, we do not exceed this number.
Once (and if) the elusive lights appear its time to pull over, set up the chairs and blankets, and take in the spectacular swirling overhead light show. Now is the time we break out the hot chocolate and Icelandic pastries known as ‘kleina’ (a sort of twisted, yummy doughnut) – all of which are included in the tour price.
Could there ever be a better moment?
Book now - two options
- Pick up 30 mins prior to departure, at any location in Reykjavik area
- Hot chocolate and Icelandic 'kleina'
- Wool blankets to keep warm
- Free WiFi
- Camping Rocking Chairs (superjeep only)
- Knowledgeable, local guide
- Drop off, back in Reykjavik