All about our Snaefellsnes peninsula tour
OUR #1 BESTSELLER!
- Duration 9am - 9pm
- Small group, never more than 15 people
- Available all year
- Pick up and drop off anywhere in Reykjavik area
- Also available as private tour
- Mt Kirkjufell (most photographed mountain in Iceland)
- Snaefellsjokull glacier
- Black beach at Djupalonssandur
- Mt. Eldborg
- Berserk lava field
- Arnarstapi fishing village
- Londrangar rock formations
- Daily life at a horse farm
- Home-cooked dinner included
Join us as we head west on a full day magical mystical tour to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula and surroundings.
Countless lunar landscapes and volcanic vistas lie in store for us as we drive west out of Reykjavik and head towards the magnificent Snæfellsjökull glacier.
The glacier sits atop the active stratovolcano of the same name that took centre stage in the Jules Verne sci-fi novel, ‘Journey to the Centre of the Earth’. You might even have spotted the ice cap glittering from across the bay in Reykjavik. The volcano is thought to house mystical powers and is considered by many to be one of the seven main energy centres of the earth, so don’t be surprised if you experience an unexplained spiritual energy flow whilst in it’s presence.
Savour the moment in front of Iceland's most famous and most photographed mountain: Kirkjufell. Made legendary in Game of Thrones, this free-standing mountain is a photo opportunity like no other.
Snaefellsnes is an area is of exceptional geological beauty – craters, lava fields (some more recent than others) idyllic, hidden coves and bizarre rock formations all lie in wait to be explored and discovered. Local legends and folk stories abound and are an essential element of this multifaceted tour.
The day would not be complete without an Icelandic home-cooked early evening meal along with some local interaction - so, naturally, this is also included. As are some light snacks and bottled Icelandic water.
A fabulous tour that really hits the spot when it comes to observing volcanic phenomena, discovering Iceland’s dramatic coast line and experiencing a more spiritual and mystical side of Iceland.
Included in this tour
- Home-cooked dinner at a family-run horse farm
- Knowledgeable, local guide
- Wool blankets to keep warm
- Free WiFi
- Pick up 30 mins prior to departure, at any location in Reykjavik area
- Drop off, back in Reykjavik
We'll make stops for lunch and snacks during the tour but these are not included. You can also bring a packed lunch.